The Portsmouth Review offers professional book reviews for all books in English – indie and mainstream. While we do offer free submits, very few are selected due to time constraints. There is a lot of effort involved in reading a book from first to last page, analyzing structure, plot, world-building, and character development, and writing a strong and comprehensive review.
Option 1: Free Submit: We receive hundreds of review requests per month, and of those less than ten will be accepted on average. If you would like to take your chance with a free submit, please see our review policy.
Option 2: Indie Author Spotlight: In lieu of a review, we offer an Indie Author Spotlight.
Option 3: Guaranteed Review Option (below): Our guaranteed professional book reviews provides great exposure. For picture books and children’s books to age 7, please use the free submit option.
- Our book reviews focus on the positive rather than the negative. We respect authors and the hard work they’ve put into their books and our reviews tend to focus on what we loved rather than what we didn’t like.
- We refuse to hurt book sales with negative reviews. If we find that we cannot provide a positive review because of massive grammatical errors or poor writing in general, we will refund your fee in its entirety.
- Our starred reviews show up in Google search results displaying the stars. Therefore a search on your new book will yield our review and stars.
- Our SEO is wonderful and our reviews show high on search results. Example:
- We do review pre-published books (advance review copies) and our review will look great on your cover when you’re ready to publish.
- We do review older books for revitalization efforts.
- Our professional book reviews are added to our social media accounts for extra exposure. We have over 10,000 followers.
- We offer an incredibly fast turnaround time. You won’t be waiting months for your review. It will be posted within two weeks of receipt of payment.
- We’re less expensive than Kirkus!
- Our reviews will be accepted into the editorial section of your Amazon book page. We’ll send you instructions on how to do this. It will look like this:
- We do not mark our reviews as “paid for”. Your purchase is completely private and your reviewed will be nestled between our rotating selection of books we have purchased for ourselves, books and advanced review copies we have accepted free from publishers and authors, and honest, paid reviews.
If you would like to receive a review on your work, please sign up via Paypal below. Please note that we do not accept erotica.
We accept physical copies or ebooks.
After purchasing, you will be redirected back to our site for further instructions. Turnaround time is two weeks. Contact us with any questions at editor [at] portsmouthreview.com